1. Apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen (SPF 30 or above) on all exposed areas at least 20 minutes before going out in the sun. Re-apply every few hours. The back of the neck and arms are extremely vulnerable.
2. After swimming in the sea, rinse your face with plain water. Back home, dab face with cold milk and leave on for a few minutes. It soothes sunburn. Moisturise.
3. A cleanser is a must to remove all the dust and grime. Pick one according to your skin type.
Normal skin: Use a cleansing gel, containing aloe vera.
Oily and combination skin: Use cleansing milk or face wash.
Dry skin: Apply nourishing cream and massage it on the skin with few drops of water.
1. Wear a swimming cap to protect your hair.
2. Wet your hair thoroughly before swimming in the sea; this will prevent strands from absorbing a lot of sea water. Apply a hair serum or hair cream with sunscreen.
3. After swimming in the sea, use a mild herbal shampoo to wash your hair. Follow up with a leave-in conditioner.