NEW DELHI: Prime Minister Narendra Modi today interacted with the nation through a townhall, the first of its kind event by an Indian Prime Minister. It marks two years of MyGov, the government’s citizen engagement platform. Townhall as a concept is commonly used in the United States among politicians as well as CEOs to interact with people directly.
Here are the top 10 quotes
- Good governance means those processes that are redundant do not exist.
- I feel very angry at the Gau Rakshak business. Some people do anti-social activities at night and are Gau Rakshaks by day. I want states to take action against them.
- Unfortunately, some opinion-makers question the Prime Minister even on local problems. It is good for TRPs but bad for governance as local authorities don’t feel responsible.
- The spirit of democracy is incomplete if one thinks the citizen’s role stops at voting. Participative democracy is essential.
- Often, governments think only about winning the next election and then their policies are also shaped accordingly.
- ‘Last mile delivery’ is as important as policies. The benefits must reach the intended beneficiaries.
- Our foreign policy is only about India First.
- Khadi for nation and Khadi for fashion, this must be our guiding principle.
- If there is one sector that can power the economy it’s the agriculture sector.
- India has such a huge variety of foods that if we harness its potential, we can make the world go crazy about it.