Spiritual leader, Indian yogi, mystic, and author, Sadhguru has always given the best of advice when it comes to lifestyle and spirituality. Padma Vibhushan awardee Jaggi Vasudev aka Sadhguru has millions of followers across the globe and he has touched many lives with his teachings and preachings. He is often seen sharing his views on Sattvic lifestyle on conferences, events, and interviews.
For all those who do not know what Sattvic or Satvik lifestyle means, let’s take a look at its proper definition and meaning. Sattvic translates to something that is peaceful, alert yet calm. Which means that Sattvic lifestyle is all about attaining peace of mind, body and soul through a change of lifestyle. From your eating habits to your thinking process, all aspects of your lifestyle has to change if you adopt a Sattvic lifestyle. From negative thoughts to food products that have negative energy, everything has to be given up and you have to eat either raw or pure vegetarian or vegan diet.
For a Sattvic lifestyle, you need to make two major changes, first is your diet and second is your thought process. And, diet is the more difficult part. In terms of change in thought process, all you have to do is be positive and think positive while keeping negative emotions away. In terms of dietary changes, you need to switch to a diet that causes the least harm to nature.
If you are thinking how will this change in lifestyle benefit you, here are all the benefits you can get from it.
10 benefits of living a Sattvic lifestyle
- It cleanses your body and it also helps in getting rid of harmful toxins.
- It will keep you mentally agile.
- This lifestyle balances the body, mind and soul, thereby resulting in longevity of life in an individual.
- It also strengthens your body’s immunity power.
- You will have a proper bowel movement and a clearer skin after you adopt the Sattvic diet.
- It keeps your brain healthy and your memory sharp.
- It’s is great for nature and it is beneficial for the environment.
- It keeps lifestyle-related diseases away.
- You will be more energetic and productive.
- You will be improving your karmic energy by becoming vegetarian and sparing the lives of various beings.