Smoked Mushroom Galouti Kebabs
Are you fond of veg kebabs? Then the recipe for Smoked Mushroom Galouti Kebabs is just perfect for you. Enjoy the smoky flavour to the hilt.
Ingredients – Makes 8
200 gm mushrooms, juice of 1 lemon
1 medium potato – boiled mashed
75 gms paneer – grated
4 tbsp ghee/oil
1 onion – chopped finely
1 tbsp finely chopped ginger, 2 green chillies – chopped finely
½ tsp turmeric (haldi), ½ tsp red chilli powder
½ tsp salt, or to taste, ½ tsp garam masala
2” piece for charcoal (take a piece from ironing man)
1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
Lemon slices, onion rings, mint leaves, chaat masala to sprinkle
* Boil 3 cups water with 1 tsp salt and juice of lemon. Add mushrooms and boil for 3-4 minutes. Strain. Chop finely. Keep aside.
* Heat ghee or oil in a kadhai, add onions and saute till brown. Add ginger and green chillies, turmeric and chilli powder. Stir for a few seconds. Add the mushrooms, mashed potatoes and paneer. Mix well and remove from heat.
* Add green coriander, salt and garam masala. Mash well with a potato masher or a kadchhi.
* Place the mixture in a bowl. Place a small steel vessel (katori) in the center of the bowl. Hold the charcoal with a long tongs (chimta) and place it on fire. When it starts burning, place the live charcoal in the katori, pour 1 tsp ghee on the charcoal and immediately cover the bowl. Leave to smoke the mixture for 5
* Make kebabs of the smoked mixture.
* Heat a non stick pan or a tawa, grease with ½ tsp oil. Shape the mixture into flattened roundels (kebabs) and cook on medium heat till brown. Garnish with lemon slices, onion rings, mint leaves and sprinkle chaat masala.