Total time: 0:30
Serves: 2 people
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 6 spring onions, finely chopped
- Half tsp. ground tumeric
- 1 cm length fresh ginger, grated
- 175 g. basmati rice or wild rice
- 4 eggs
- 200 g. smoked, un-dyed haddock
- fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large frying pan and add the spring onion tops.
- Add the ginger and turmeric followed by the rice. Stir well and add twice the volume of water to rice and a good pinch of salt.
- Bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer and cover with a lid.
- Cook for 20 minutes without disturbing the rice. Then for the last 5 minutes of cooking time place the smoked haddock on top of the rice and replace the lid. Cook gently for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place eggs in cold water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat slightly and boil the eggs for 6 minutes.
- Allow the eggs to cool, peel and cut into quarters.
- Scatter the chopped coriander over the kedgeree and add the eggs before serving.