Losing weight may make you feel more attractive, but more importantly, it may also help you become healthier. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), obesity is linked to many leading causes of mortality within the U.S. such as heart disease, strokes and diabetes. Even if you are merely 10 to 15 pounds overweight, you may have an increased risk of developing conditions like high blood pressure and sleep apnea that can have serious effects on your overall health.
Shedding excess pounds can be difficult if you’re attempting it on your own without a support system. Weight loss systems that offer nutritional and exercise plans, natural appetite suppressants such as diet drops and a community of likeminded individuals. These things can be a tremendous boon when you’re struggling with those numbers on the scale.
What Are Appetite Suppressants?
Appetite suppressants are substances that help you reduce your caloric intake. While some appetite suppressants work by tricking your body into believing it’s not hungry, others increase the number of calories you burn or block the absorption of specific types of macronutrients.
If you’re like most people, the most difficult part of any weight loss plan is probably those first few weeks. Food consumption has played an important part in your life, after all. It may often have been the centerpiece in social occasions you shared with your friends, and it’s likely you rewarded or consoled yourself with edible treats several times over the course of a typical day.
Even the most liberal diet plan will involve a significant reduction in the amount of calories you’re allowed to take in throughout a 24-hour period. The advantage of appetite suppressants is that they make it easier for you to stick with a supervised eating plan even during those first few weeks when adhering to a diet requires huge amounts of psychological resolve.
Natural Appetite Suppressants
Natural appetite suppressants are better for your body than chemicals created in pharmaceutical laboratories. Many individuals have found that amino acid supplements are particularly useful in helping them control their cravings for food. Some of the amino acids that are most effective in this regard are:
• Glutamine: Glutamine is one of the building blocks of protein, which is the basic component of muscle. Taking glutamine while you diet may be able to help you maintain muscle mass while you’re losing excess fat.
• Alanine: Beta-alanine combines with histidine to create a substance called carnosine, which is found in abundance in skeletal muscle. Taking alanine has the potential to enhance the strength of your skeletal muscles and to increase your endurance during physical workouts.
• Histidine: In addition to its role as a carnosine precursor, histidine has many other beneficial effects upon health. Dr. Atkins himself of Dr. Atkins Diet fame speculated that this essential amino acid helps reduce inflammation, thereby boosting your body’s immune system.
• Leucine: Leucine is another compound that helps your body preserve lean muscle. It’s an essential amino acid that cannot be manufactured by your body.
• Vitamin BT: Vitamin BT, which is also known as carnitine, improves your body’s ability to burn fat. Research has discovered that many people suffering from obesity have abnormally low levels of carnitine in their blood.
• Threonine: Your body relies upon threonine to help it synthesize new proteins.
How to Choose the Right Appetite Suppressant
In order to be optimally effective, an appetite suppressant must help you decrease the excess fat stored within your body while maintaining healthy fats, and it must maintain muscle mass even while caloric intake is reduced.
An appetite suppressant should be easy to take, too. Liquid diet drops are among the most convenient of all weight loss supplements because all you have to do is administer a few drops beneath your tongue. You don’t have to worry about swallowing a pill that could choke you or make you feel nauseated.