Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Examination (VITEEE) 2019 is a national level engineering entrance examination conducted by VIT (Vellore Institute of Technology) for admitting candidates into the various disciplines of B.Tech course offered by its four campuses.
The VITEEE 2019 exam would be an online based objective type exam where candidates would be tested for their knowledge in Physics, Chemistry, English and Mathematics/Biology (based on the discipline of B.Tech course applied).
The exam would be of 150 minutes (2 hours and 30 minutes) duration and a total of 125 questions divided under four sections would be asked. One mark would be allocated for each correct answer and no negative marking would be there for the wrong answer.
The VITEEE 2019 is scheduled to take place from April 10 to 21 2019. The exam dates of VITEEE 2019 have bought it in a likely clash with SRMJEEE 2019 and JEE Main 2019 Exams that are also scheduled around the same time.
Candidates planning to appear for VITEEE 2019 must note the important dates related to the VITEEE 2019 exam cycle. This would help you to keep yourself abreast with the process cycle and you can channelize your preparations for the exam accordingly.
For the reference of the candidates, we have tabled the important dates related to the VITEEE 2019 exam cycle. Take a note of it:
|Availability of Application form||October 28, 2018|
|Mode of application||Online/Offline both|
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Last date for making an application||February 28, 2019|
|Last date of registration||February 28, 2019|
|Commencement of Slot booking||March 2019|
|Availability of Admit cards for VITEEE 2019||March 2019|
|Date of VITEEE 2019 Exam||April 10 to 21, 2019|
|Declaration or VITEEE 2019 results||April-May, 2019|
|Date of release of VITEEE 2019 scorecard||Fourth week of April- 1st week of May 2019|
Sessions for VITEEE 2019 exam would be:
- Session 1: 9:00 AM to 11:30 AM
- Session 2: 12:30 PM to 3:00 PM
- Session 3: 4:00 PM to 6: 00 PM
It is to be noted that the above-mentioned exam schedule is tentative in nature (as per description on official website) and can be changed on the discretion of VITEEE 2019 conducting authorities. Candidates are hence advised to visit the official website regularly to keep themselves updated about the process.
Candidates who are about to make an application for VITEEE 2019 must ensure that they satisfy all the defined eligibility criteria. Otherwise, they would not be considered eligible for taking the exam and their candidature would be cancelled at the subsequent stages of the exam cycle. The detailed eligibility criterion is thus listed below for reference of candidates:
- Candidate must be an Indian National or NRI
- PIO/OCI card holder candidates who have been studying in India for the past two years can make an application for VITEEE 2019
- Candidates should be born on or after July 1st, 1997. Apart from that that candidates must have completed 17 years of age as on July 1st of the admission year
- Candidate must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized state or central board of education.
- Candidate must have passed High School Certificate Examination of Cambridge University/ International Baccalaureate Diploma
- GCE examination at the Advanced level
- Candidate must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with an aggregate of 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology. 10% relaxation in that regards would be provided to reserved category candidates and candidates from J&K and northeast region.
Procedure for correction of application form
Candidates can make an application for VITEEE 2019 exam by visiting the official website before the final date for submission is over. The step by step registration cum application process is explained below for your reference:
- Visit the official VITEEE 2019 – http://www.vit.ac.in/
- Click on New User Registration
- Fill in all your necessary details that have been asked for
- Click on Submit
Filling up of application form
- Use the password and registered email-id to login
- The portal would open and would ask for details to be filled
- Fill in the detailed application form
- Upload necessary documents/signature/photo in prescribe format
- Click on preview application and edit (if there is any mistake)
- Pay the examination fee
- Preview the application form for final submission and correct mistakes if any
- Click on Final submit
• Take a print out of finally submitted form for future reference